Virtually in Yemen
- Sinbad-Tours Co.Ltd.
- The website offers a good overview of their services. Their images of Yemen
are worth seeing.
- The Yemen Observer
- Has articles and commentary. In English.
- The Yemen Times
- The site includes selected articles from the weekly newspaper's columns.
The staff provides a much needed and independent sense of life in Yemen. In
English, as is the newspaper. The site also provides headlines and brief summaries
in English from other local Yemeni newspapers. A must read!! The site also
includes a page for discussion and an interesting set of survey questions.
- Yemen Gateway
- Has a wide range of information, articles and links about Yemen. Worth checking
- Yemen Web
- Provides a good overview of Yemen and has some great images of Yemen. Worth
checking for their links and information about Yemen.
- The site will include current news articles and a chat room. A good site
for information about Yemen and its culture.
- Central Organization for Control and
- COCA is the supreme audit institution of the Republic of Yemen. The site
provides important backgound information about an institution that makes recommendations
for government economic policies.
- General Investment Authority - Yemen
- If you are considering doing business in Yemen, bookmark this site. It provides
a comprehensive guide to business in Yemen. The site contains detailed information
on doing business and making investments in Yemen.
- Republic of Yemen's Ministry of
- The business information and daily news pages are especially useful.
- Yemen's General People's Congress
- This is the web site of the governing party in Yemen. The site includes
articles about Yemen's political and economic reforms as well as the elections
results and an overview of Yemen's history.
about Dr. Ed Keall's work in Yemen
- The article concerns Dr. Ed Keall's discovery of evidence of a Neolithic
culture in Yemen. Well-written. The page is on the Royal Ontario Museum web
- Yemeni Megaliths
- An interesting news article from Archaeology Online News
- Ornithological Society of the Middle East
- Definitely worth your visit, if you are interested in the birds of the region.
With articles and images.
right stamp of approval
- The article is by Allen Kepchar from the May 1997 issue of State Magazine,
published by The U.S. State Department. The article discusses some of the
details behind several stamps issued by Yemen in 1996.
- Is Traditional
Mail Out of Fashion?
- The article is by Dr. Salah Haddash and Adel J. Moqbil. They present an
interesting overview of Yemen's postal history and speculate about its future.
- "The post
office commands an increasingly central place in our lives and businesses."
- An interesting article from the Yemen Times about the Yemen postal service
and its role in Yemen society.
- 50th Anniversary
of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The article includes an image of the souvenir sheet and a discussion of
how Yemen plans to mark the anniversary.
- Yemen Post Office
to Introduce New Services
- An interview with Mr. Abdullah Mohammed Al-Kabous, Director General of the
Post and Postal Savings Corporation
- American Institute for Yemeni Studies
- Offices in the United States and inn Sana'a . The institute serves as the
primary link between the American academic community and the Yemeni government
as well as the Yemeni academic community. For the rest of us, the site offers
a good sense of current research trends and provides some charming images
- Yemen Language Center
- Located in the United States. Whether you are interested in a virtual tour
of Yemen and its people or are interested in learning Arabic, include this
site in your travels. The site includes links to some wonderful pictures of
Yemen and its people as well as descriptions of the center's courses. They
also have advice about what to bring and what to expect if you are planning
to go to Yemen.
- Die Deutsch-Jemenitische Gesellschaft
- German - Yemeni society web site includes the names and addresses of contact
people as well as a resource page. In German.
- British-Yemeni Society
- The site includes reviews, summaries and articles from its journal. An important
source of original research.
- Making connecting to Yemen and Yemenis on the Internet possible. Also, the
site is a good source for links and information.
- Travel Log for
John and Sheila's trip to the Yemen
- A useful account of a trip to Yemen. You may find their anecdotes helpful
in deciding your travel plans. The site also has some great images.
- Al Kaff Travel and Tourist Agency
- The site contains some interesting images of the area. Also provides an
insight into the tourist potential for the Hadhramaut region
- Arabian Horizons Travel and
- Offers a wide range of services and has some great pictures of the cities
and sites in Yemen.
- An interesting set of images and a overview of their services.
- Future Tours Industries
- Responsive staff and a great set of images of Yemen's sites and cities.
Tours include scuba dives.
- Shibam Tourism Agency
- Worth your while to take a look, especially if you are planning a visit.
- Universal Travel and Tourism
- Whether you need to book a room in Sana'a, rent a car to Aden or arrange
a tour of the Hadhramaut, you will find them helpful.
- Yemen Explorers Com. for Tourism
- Worth checking for information about their various tours. Responsive to
your requests. Has several new tours.
- Yemenia Airways
- Useful overview of their services, list of agents in Germany and a list
of the airline's offices in Europe. Well designed! In German.
- Yemen Pictures
- The site includes pictures taken by Bernhard Gruber on his recent trip to
Yemen. Well designed. Also has links to a wide range of other Yemen web sites.
- Imad Luqman's
- His images of his oil and his pencil and charcoal works are worth your visit.
- License Plates On Line
- An image of the current Yemen license plate. Also links to images of license
plates of other countries.
Literally in Yemen |
Virtually in Yemen | Tourist
Agencies | Hotels in Yemen
Index Page for Yemen's Stamps | Our Home
Thank you for gracing our site with your visit.